The Data Explorer allows you to find vetted, trusthworthy data by topic, by county, or by special focus area. CI:Now has pulled this collection together to make it faster to find data you need than it would be searching the entire web.
What's New?See what's been most recently added or updated by clicking here or just hitting "Search" with no filters selected.
How Do I Use the Data Explorer?
The collection is organized as "Indicators" with "Resources" attached to them. An indicator is a narrow issue or topic and a Resource is some kind of data or information related to that Indicator.
Searching for Indicators
Please use the menu at right to dive right in - below are some ways you can search. Don't forget to click "Clear Form" before starting a new search.
- Full list. To see the full list of indicators available, just click "Search" with no search filters selected.
- Keyword search. Enter one or more keywords and click "Search".
- Topic. Choose a broad topic area using the Topic pull-down menu and click "Search".
- Limit the search. Check a box to limit the search to results matching that filter and click "Search". For example, checking "Bexar" under "Limit by County" and "Zip" under "Limit by Geographic Scope" will find only indicators with zip code-level data for Bexar County.
Viewing an Indicator
However you search, you'll get a list of "indicators" returned to you. When you see an indicator that interests you, click on it. You'll be taken to a page with information about that indicator - notes, dates, source, and other information.
Viewing a Resource
You'll also see a list of "Resources" for that Indicator, which might be narrative report, a map, a data file, or some other format. Click on the name of the Resource to see it. If it doesn't display correctly, look for "Remove Frame" at the top right of the screen and click that.
FAQs and Help
- Why is there data only for 12 counties? Can I contact CI:Now for information on my county?
While we do have some statewide data available in CommunityViewer Public Reports and here in the Data Explorer, CI:Now primarily serves Bexar and 11 surrounding counties in south central Texas. Our capacity to help with special requests within or outside of our service area depends on the level of general funding and staff availability, as well as how short the timeline is to complete the request. Please contact us if you'd like to talk about a special request.
New content is published periodically, so please sign up for our updates to stay in the loop.
Help us improve the Data Explorer! Please click here to take the 9-second Survey!
What Else Do We Do?
In addition to curating this collection of local data, CI:Now provides a number of local and regional collaboratives with custom data support like public secondary data collection and analysis, integration and analysis of person-level administrative data, community assessment, and outcome measurement and evaluation. You can learn more about our current work here.